Failed to get language information for Project Server

Much to my surprise, I started to get the following error on my SharePoint box:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Project Server – General
Event ID: 6058
Date:  27/04/2009
Time:  16:05:02
User:  N/A
Computer: (computer name)

Description:
Failed to get language information for Project Server (http address)

I could access the PWA site with no problems. Googling the error ID gave me no joy and continued to get the error.

I have fixed it by stopping and restarting the Project service in Central Administration. Will post back if the error comes back.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

3 Responses to “Failed to get language information for Project Server”

  1. Private Says:

    I’m getting the same thing and new users getting setup can’t seem to access the site. Although they are setup correctly.

    Did this come back at all or any ideas on this to fix it permanantly?

    • sharepointuzma Says:

      Hi there,

      Unfortunately the problem kept happening. It seems like an intermitten problem, will need to look at Project Server once it’s fully approved by the management. Sorry I can’t help any further!

      Uzma

  2. Joseph Roy Hudson Says:

    Thanks for this. I got the same eroor too and after restarting the services it worked.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: